I got it with my pregnancies with Avah and Ayden. So of course, I’m getting it now with AJ. Difference is I was younger and bit nicer with those pregnancies. I’m not as young and damn sure not as nice. I understand people run out of shit to say. I mean sure the courteous thing to do would be to ask “how are you feeling?” or “How are things going with the pregnancy?” Ya know decent things to say. But no, apparently the usual pregnancy comments that MANY women face are negative and commentary on how big they are. Like as if us pregant women don’t feel crappy enough. Oh you mean this bowling ball I carry around 24/7 and try to sleep with at night? (Ya know, I didn’t even realize it existed until your comment!???)
Almost daily, I and i’m sure MANY OTHERS hear the following:
- “You’re huge/big/large/massive etc…”
- “Is it twins in there?”
- “We’re you this big with your other babies?”
- “Should you be eating that?”
- “You’re about to pop!”
- “So and so isn’t as big as you…”
- “You must be due soon”
Let me just reiterate some things so I don’t have to keep repeating myself in defense of my bump size and before you decide to slap a ‘WIDE LOAD’ sticker on my back:
- I’m growing a human. Plain and simple.
- I’m short w/ a short torso (there’s nowhere for me to grow but outward!)
- On top of a baby, I also have a large fibroid growing in my uterus. So that doesn’t help much.
- This is my 3rd baby (you get bigger with each subsequent pregnancy- GOOGLE it!).
- I’m healthy, my baby is healthy and my doctor is extremely happy with my progress thus far in regards to weight gain.
- oh and lastly…. BITE ME! 😉